Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Vancouver Visit June 28, 2009



Dear All,
I've gone through 2 security and document checks at Vancouver, one at the airport and the other at Delicious Cousine where our meeting took place. Both passed without a scare.
Happy is an understatement to describe my feelings to see Stanely and Wing Yee after all these years. After the initial hesitation, ice starting to melt and we settle down for a nice chat and delicious dinner. I will have a problem to respond if you ask me how was the food as I really did not pay enough attention to the meat and fish that Wing Yee ordered. I was too excited to notice and there's a big possiblity that I might had swallowed a fish bone or two.
After the dinner, Stanely was nice enough to invite us to his newly remodel home for coffee and Joe Cheung was being summoned to join us after his soccer game. As we were waiting for Joe, Stanely impressed all of us by his amazing memory. He recalls all the details as names were thrown at him. He even remember the name of my childhood sweetheart and the fact that I lived somewhere in 廣福道.
Joe finally show up and was discovered that my St.Joseph classmate played soccer with him in the over 50 years old league. I have to thank Joe for giving me a ride home later that night. We took some pictures and were attached here and Stephen mostlikely will post them on our blog. I enjoy every single minute of this Vancouver gathering and looking forward to meet more TPS classmates come September in Hong Kong.
Alexander 李國榮
---------------------

Dear Alex

Thank you for coming all the way from LA to our mini TPS reunion at Vancouver.

It was so nice to see someone who has disappeared for over 40 years and suddenly emerged in front of you especially someone of your size.

Your second document check at the restaurant did ease off our classmates' doubt in a way. You produced a transcript from TPS issued when you moved out to St. Joeph.

For all classmates info, Alex was in 3B, 4B and 5A and the teachers were Mr. Yeung Yuen-ning, Mrs Chung Wong Wan-wah, and Mr Cigarette- Ash CHAN. Alex, please scan this transcript to our TPS Blog at your earliest convenience.

We shall see each other again in early September in HK.

Regards

Stanley

No comments: