Thursday, May 21, 2009

Email from Mr. Ma to Lee Kwok Wing

Alex,

Thanks for the 2 emails.

Indeed the 2nd one brought specail happiness. Because I really want to know if Vagabond is still there. And how nice of you to tell me it is. And the cost too. At US$70 per night should not be expensive. My impression is that it was clean and tidy enough. At the time the charges were met by my employer the HK govt. . Having lived there for 3 months makes me feel more or less that it is a landmark for my stay in LA. Reminding me of the joggings I did in the surrounding streets and once a black kid girl telling me that I need jogging because I was too skinny, my walking over to the USC campus practically every day to meet people and attend sessions and bringing books back to read, my crossing the Figuaroar Rd to Mcdonnald to buy burgers... Well, all flashed back. All sweet memories. All because I was young then and had ample time ahead. And all because I don't think I can ever revisit the place as I said earlier. Despite that at less than 120 lbs the econ seats would not give me a problem.

Thanks for the accommodation offer. Much appreciated even though no way of taking up.

I agree that the pension serves us ex civil servants quite well. Not having to worry about livelihood is a big plus for a retirement life. By the way I'm now 69. Should be about 12 yrs your senior.

I can see that you would have a very happy mini reunion in Canada shortly. And I'm happy for you to be able to add new old friends.

Real nice chatting with you.

Ma Kai Woon

No comments: